The KPEPC is a volunteer, community group that:
• Brings together community resources in Kanawha and Putnam counties to create a common plan for responding to emergencies;
• Sponsors drills that test the emergency response plan's effectiveness;
• Evaluates the plan's effectiveness after actual incidents and revises the plan accordingly;
• Provides citizens with information about the location of toxic chemicals in their communities;
• Provides information to help citizens prepare themselves, their families and their workplaces for all types of emergencies, and
• Offers a forum for communities, governments, industry and citizens to work cohesively toward common emergency management goals.
The KPEPC is a planning, NOT a response organization.