There are many ways to Get Involved especially before a disaster occurs. Major disasters can overwhelm first responder agencies. Properly trained individuals can lend vital support during these times.
Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Learn first aid;
- Join a Community Emergency Response Team in your community (such as KPEPC);
- Donate to a reputable organization of your choice, and
- Volunteer to respond to disasters and help your fellow Americans.
- Promote preparedness online by sharing preparedness tips on your social media account with Ready.gov’s online social media toolkit or public service announcements;
- Take a free online independent study course through FEMA’s Emergency Management Institute and gain more knowledge to help your community become more prepared.